The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommended Flash Games

Go down

Recommended Flash Games Empty Recommended Flash Games

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:55 am

I figured I might as well make a recommended flash game thread. \o3o/

So, here's my list of recommended flash games, in no particular order, and where you can find them. The majority of these are browser flash games, with the exception of the first two, which have to be downloaded but are sooo worth it.

I RECOMMEND READING THE SECOND POST (once I post it) BEFORE PLAYING ANY OF THESE. I can't be held accounted if you go ahead and play the games without knowing what they're about, and get a little freaked out, though really one or two games in this list should freak you out.

Though you should be afraid of The Button's skills. I mean, he did give me and Mnem internet cancer o3e

• The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge
    Jonas Kratyzes Website

• Tower of Heaven.
    askiisoft.com

• The Adventures of Reemus series
    clickshakegames.com

• The Small Favor Series
    clickshakegames.com

• Paradox Embrace
    Yes, more clickshakegames.com

• The Asylum Has A New Patient
    This is the Jayisgames.com discussion page, where the walkthrough can be found. You'll probably be needing it.

• Numz
    notdoppler.com

• Coma
    jayisgames.com

• Doodle God
    notdoppler.com

• And of course, The Button Series.
    deviantart.com

Also, if any of these links don't work or there's a typo somewhere, give me a head's up. My attention is not completely on the computer right now >3>;

Last edited by Morpheus on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Recommended Flash Games Empty The Reviews

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:14 am

The Strange and Somewhat Sinister Tale of the House at Desert Bridge
Jonas Kratyzes Website.

This game has a very childlike appearance, with its hand-drawn style, delightful music, striped dinosaurs, and blue talking picture frames. However, I would refrain from letting children play it; not that it has anything offensive in it, more of it has deep concepts, and lots of text. Oh, don't worry, the length of the text isn't enough to kill you; I actually wish there was a little more of it, maybe to explain the story some more.

This is kind of like an interactive story. The story starts out simple and sweet, find the old man that everyone in the house is fond of. I highly recommend this game, just take care not to get too lost, explore EVERYTHING, you save by "using" the menu, and don't freak out too much when you eat/drink the mush stuff. That high pitched singing and random dialogue boxes are supposed to happen.

This is a point and click, my favorite flavor of flash game.

Download only.

Tower of Heaven.
askiisoft.com

This website is devoted entirely to the game. The game has music by Deviantart's Flashygoodness, which is how I found out about it. This is a platformer style game, with only three colors; somehow those three colors make this game gorgeous. I can't really describe it, you'll have to see it for yourself.

Your goal in this game is to reach the top of the tower, obeying (and sometimes disobeying) the voice that accompanies you along the way. I wouldn't recommend disobeying the voice too often - disobeying the voice oftentimes leads to "random" death by lightning.

I've not actually finished this game (still working on it! don't spoil the ending for me D8 ) but I still recommend it for it's addictingness, and of course the awesome music.

Download only.
For information about the rules of this game: http://coolkidcoco.deviantart.com/art/Fanart-ToH-Book-of-Laws-141595387
That will explain everything you'll need to know.

The Adventures of Reemus series
clickshakegames.com

Don't let the appearance of the titular character throw you off - this is one awesome series. Point and click goodness - yumm~!

You play as the exterminator Reemus and his cute purple bear sidekick Liam. I must warn you, in the prologue you CAN and probably WILL die a couple times before figuring out what to do.

The prologue has you deal with an ant queen, which sets the scene for the first chapter, in which Reemus and his awesome violet friend go to see the king (with Reemus fantasizing about marrying the princess along the way), only to find that all is not right.

Hrm... these games may freak you out slightly. Only slightly, I got over it quickly and I'm a big chicken. Just don't play these before you have to go to sleep, unless you're immune to aliens wanting to make you explode in a bloody explosion of bloodiness.
Oh, don't worry, it only happens once or twice. Or maybe more...

Done by the awesome Zeebarf in all his awesome glory.

Browser only.

The Small Favor Series
clickshakegames.com
Another series by Zeebarf. Even though this one is about aliens, there's no bloody explosions - yay! Laughing Bummie - though there are some *ZAPPFFT* scenes where the victims turn into black sludge. Eww, all over this freshly cleaned floor too. Sad Bummie

In this series you play as the badass nameless assassin. Let me tell you about him: he's green, likes to smoke, and is quite badass.
Whether you choose to be loyal to the mission or go on a killing spree is up to you- there are even weird pink bunnies for target practice!- though refrain from killing people until you're sure you won't be needing their help anymore.
More point-&-click goodness, now with 50% more shooting action!

Browser only.

Paradox Embrace
Yes, more clickshakegames.com
Awww, this one isn't part of a series and isn't point&click Crying Bummie
The art is done by Zeebarf, of the previous two game series, but the programming is done by EntropicOrder. Despite this not being point and click, it's still a pretty neat game. There's no real story, you just have to reach the big bad Shadow Man. There's not even a final confrontation! The Shadow Man is a big wuss like that.

The way the atmosphere changes in the levels is sooo cool - you hit the down arrow when you reach a pedestal looking thing, and the entire level changes! Sort of.

Platforming game, not my favorite flavor, but this is a pretty good morsel for it's genre.

Browser only.

The Asylum Has A New Patient
jayisgames.com

This game is not like any other on the list. It's unique in that instead of getting from point A to point B, ZPPPFFTing politicians, or creating elements, you're trying to help people. Plush toys, to be exact.

I'll be honest - parts of this point&click game made me cry. The plushes have such interesting backstories and adorable looks (I think you can still buy copies of them o3o), that I couldn't help but get attached to them, especially Dub and Kroko.

In the first post I gave a link to the discussion page with the walkthrough to this game. More than likely, you'll be needing it, but press on gentle players! The stories and cutscenes is well worth some trial and error (which doesn't have to be complete trial and error - there's a handy-dandy notebook you can refer to ingame if you're stuck).

Browser only.

Numz
notdoppler.com
Yay, first non-platformer/point&click game on the list! This is a puzzle game in which only the arrow keys are used (save for the menu screen). No story whatsoever, just getting from point A to point B, but addicting gameplay and cute graphics put it on the list. Shame it's so short!

Browser only.

Coma
jayisgames.com

Now here's a game with a story and atmosphere.I would not recommend playing this at night. There's nothing "scary" like stuff popping out at you, but the atsomphere alone was enough to spook me out - what's with all the writing on the walls, anyway?
This is a platformer game, with a very... oh what's a good adjective... powerful?touching? whatever you'd call it, it has an interesting story.

Also, don't fear the worm. The worm only wants to help.

I think.

Browser only.

Doodle God
Who here ever wanted to play God? In this point&click game your goal is to create new elements and make the world a little less empty and boring. Trial and error and some weird thinking (some of the combinations may not make sense) see you through this game, but it's a nice time waster.

Browser only.

And of course, The Button Series.
deviantart.com

This one is on the list mostly for its humor. The only thing you do in the entire series is push a button. That's it.

However, the comments the button makes to try and stop you from clicking are enough to make this a must-play. Seriously. Play it now.

Browser only.

(Done for now, but if you see errors, such as but not limited to typos, let me know. If you would like to add a comment or question about any of these games, or start up your own recommended flash game list, you are now free to do so.)

Last edited by Morpheus on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Recommended Flash Games Empty Re: Recommended Flash Games

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:34 am

Thanks Morph! I actually made my own Flash games (Frogger: Frogs in Space!) when my high school web design teacher realized that he hated Dreamweaver, and web design, and preferred Flash game design instead. But the stupid school wiped the server hard drive that year without telling the students, so I came back the next year to find all my work gone T-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:40 am

Awww. Sad Bummie
I would have liked to play Frogs in Space.

You're welcome RAINBOW BUMMIE

Now if you get bored waiting for your four-hour time limit to pass, you know what to do \o3o/

That is, unless you have something you should be doing >3>;

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:15 am

Hehe... Oh probably - but they're pretty good about letting me manage my own time, and seeing as I'm only actually paid to do three hours of work, and the rest is chalked up to volunteering - I'm usually good.

I have a presentation I have to give Wednesday for the entire UW Pathology Lab though. I'm SUPER nervous...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:42 pm

HEY~
I just discovered that Tower of Heaven is available on Newgrounds, which means you don't have to download it to play it!

I noticed that the Newgrounds version is a little easier than the download version though. I've not beat the download version yet and I've had it for a few months, but I just discovered Newgrounds version today and I beat it o3o

The ending is not what I expected. Still neat though C:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/544332 <- newgrounds version

Last edited by Morpheus on Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the link XD;)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:28 pm

Also, just discovered Achievement unlocked 2 a few days ago.

Only needs two words to describe why it's awesome.

MULTIPLAYER RANDOMNESS

If you wanna play with me sometime, pm/note me when I'm on Bummie love

http://armorgames.com/play/6561/achievement-unlocked-2

Fans of the blue elephant would also like This is the only level and it's sequel, this is the only level 2, and the original achievement unlocked. None of these are multiplayer though :c

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum