The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The bookworm.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The bookworm. Empty The bookworm.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:12 am

He took a step in....And he felt at home...

The atmosphere...

The texture...

The books...Everywhere....

Oni looked around, taking in the setting of the room, checking out how the books were organized, what category was where, even the names of the authors. He carefully looks over to his topic of interests, which was, of course, herbal remedies. To his surprise...There were books upon books of many authors. Not knowing whether they have herbs he already knows or not would be a game to him. He picked out several books from the shelves wonders off to where a chair was, set the books down right besides, takes his position on the chair, took the book on the very top, opened to the very first page, and began his adventure to seek out more medical knowledge.

((Feel free to join in anyone~))

Back to top Go down

The bookworm. Empty Re: The bookworm.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:59 pm

((I'm gonna join ya C:))

Raivynne made her way through the place she loved the most in all of the Athenaeum. From the first step you walked in, the scent of books hit you like a slap in the face. She made her way out of the row of books she had been sitting in for the past hour, she noticed a newcomer to the library sitting there at one of the chairs reading. Raivynne made her way over to the boy and sat down in a nearby chair. "Hello," She said quietly and with a smile before glancing to the books she held in her hands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:58 pm

((No prob~ Come one, come all~ >< Hehe))

From hearing a greeting over by the woman who sat right next to him, his hear perked up. He didn't exactly come here to talk to anyone, so it came a bit of a surprise that someone came over and try to start a conversation. His eyes glanced over to her. "Hello there." He greeted her, looking down at the book she held. He wasn't sure whether to continue the conversation or to leave her along and let her read. But if she came over to sit near him and offer a greeting, she might be a bit more open to talk to then most. "What are you reading?" He asked, eyes focus back up to her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:11 pm

"I'm re-reading The Odyssey, The Illiad, and The Aeneid." Raivynne said with an embarrassed grin. "What are you reading?" She asked rather curiously, she paused for a moment before saying, "Sorry if I'm disturbing you, I spend most of my time here and was curious when I saw someone new."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:16 pm

Oni noticed that she was studdering a bit, not sure whether if it's because he's new to the school or that she hardly talks to anyone. "Actually I am new to the school. First year. And I'm just reading a medical herb book to pass the time and catch up on medical usage." He answered. "And it's quite alright, really. Ah..But where are my manners." He leans back against the chair in a relaxing state. "I'm Oni."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:22 pm

"Nice to meet you Oni. I'm Raivynne, a fifth year." She said with a small smile. "So you find herbal medicine interesting then? Have you spoken to the doctor, Iva, yet?" Raivynne asked and opened up the book that sat in her lap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:42 am

"Actually I have..." Oni put the book aside. "We had a few discussion with our medical research, had a tip to come to the library to search up more for myself, and see what else I can learn from it. Heh...Not only that, but study upon her work." He gave a smile to Raivynne.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:07 am

Jane was just wandering through the library, wishing that she had had the foresight to bring some books from home with her to read...but it was too late now. She had to see if there were any books she recognized in here.

After wandering for a few minutes, she realized that, if she looked hard enough, there were plenty of things that she recognized...but nothing that interested her, nothing from more modern times. Sighing in frustration, she thought about just going and swinging her scythe some more...but then she saw the other two students.

Because she still didn't recognize many people, she thought it might be worth it to go check them out, maybe strike up a conversation. There were plenty of decent people in the Athenaeum, if she looked past the differences that she had with them. It couldn't hurt to go talk a bit...

Making her way over a little timidly (people had never been her strong point), she nodded her head in greeting to the other two. "Hello. Do you mind if I join you...?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:50 pm

Oni looked over to Jane, giving a nod. "Sure, I don't mind, grab yourself a seat and join." He moved over his books he had to make sure she was able to sit down wherever she pleases.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:18 pm

She pulled out a chair and sat down, glancing around at the others who seemed to have plenty of reading material, which made her feel a little like the odd one out. "Thanks. I'm Jane Aire. I don't believe we've met before...?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:52 am

"I'm Oni" He announced, looking over to where she was. "No, I don't believe so...Then again, I don't exactly go out and search for every student here and quickly identify them." He gave a chuckle at the end of his little joke. "It's nice to meet you. Though what are you here for? Looking for a certain book?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:33 pm

She shrugged. "Not really. I mean, I was looking for some book that I really recognized, and thinking that I should have brought one or two from home, you know? So I'd have some reading material that I was familiar with..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:23 pm

"And...You can't find them, right?" Oni questioned, raising an eyebrow from her response. "You don't happen to know what the book was about...? Or perhaps the cover's title? Or author?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:45 am

She gave him a blank look. "They're all from years that would be futuristic for you, from authors you've probably never heard about. Sorry, thanks for offering to help." Jane felt a little bad about that, but she might as well mention that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:48 am

She was right. He wouldn't really be of any use to her because the books were all of different time periods, so his guess would be as good as anyone. "Ah, I see...Sorry." Oni spoke regrettably.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:08 am

She waved it away, shrugging. "Not your fault. Don't worry about it. But what are you reading? Maybe it will be interesting to me." She looked curiously at the book in his hands, tilting her head to the side so she could read the title.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:36 am

Oni picked up the book he was reading and showed the cover to her. "It's a database of medical herbs. Trying to catch up on the timeline with new discovery of healing." He then sets the book down onto his lap, having the first page open. "All the other books are the same, or about a historical individual that found a secret remedy that cured a whole civilization from the inevitable demise."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:16 pm

"Oh. Well, that's certainly interesting, though I'm not sure I'd understand much about it. I'm not used to dealing directly with herbs..." There was no need to when you could just get anything you needed in a pill, or at least at a hospital somewhere...something Jane was starting to regret, because herbs were much more useful here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:41 am

"Indeed...Well...What are you interested in, then? Perhaps a sort of story, ooooor rather a time period that may perk some interest, like it's civilization and technology. The library is a world by itself, vast in knowledge of the ages...Almost anything and everything has already happen." Oni exclaimed, hoping that there was a book that she would find so she wouldn't seem so bored with his obsession with his studies. He's not one to please others, as he's often alone, so being around with so many new faces and trying to get to know one another gets awkward quickly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:23 am

She shrugged. "You know, I'm not really sure. I haven't done much by way of reading nonfiction, though some of the nonfiction here would certainly offer a different perspective on things. Maybe I'll start there somewhere...?" Jane had to smile a little at his small speech. "Though honestly just running into people here has been entertaining in itself."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:02 am

Oni's facial expressing went to what seems like a blank state. Running into people has been entertaining...Now what was something his mind could wonder about with. "Huh...Well....Yeah, I suppose it could...Hmm...."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:52 am

"I mean, there are so many different viewpoints..." she glanced around at the library. "And more optimists. There are so many more cheerful, optimistic people here. So I guess that's why I like meeting everyone, because they're all so nice..." That was when Jane realized that she'd started to ramble, and she quickly shut her mouth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:53 am

"...True...Everyone here has their own intention with their enrollment here at this school, each with their own conflicts, goals, and future." Oni nodded, agreeing to what Jane was expressing. "More to see inside someone...much like a book. Outside, the cover is merely one factor. What's inside contains the true meaning of literature."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:09 pm

Jane was about to say that she hadn't wanted to enroll in the school, but didn't. It hadn't been a bad experience, though she had to admit that she was still a little...unhappy with the goddess Artemis for making her come here. Could she go back to her old life after this?

Would she want to?

Unable to think of a response, she merely nodded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:21 am

"...But that's my way on how I view everyone. I still question the real reason why we're all here together in a school, but...I suppose we can't change that." He shrugged. "Guess we'll just wait to see how it'll end and go back home."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum