The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Answer

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Answer Empty The Answer

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:24 pm

Oni opened to room to the library, being it filled with books upon books all over, whether it's on the shelves or all piled up next to chairs, tables, and so forth. He takes a step inside, having his mind set with looking around the medical books, files, and anything that can relate to it. He sidesteps from the door allowing Iva to come through as the gentlemen Oni is.

Back to top Go down

The Answer Empty Re: The Answer

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:38 pm

Iva followed Oni into the library. She nodded to him before saying a quiet thank you. The amazon scanned the library and found the medical section. "Alright Oni, let's get started. You see that section of shelves over there? That's the medical section with books/files/journals you name it." Iva pointed to the section so he'd know what she was talking about. "That's where we'll start."

She made her way over to the section beckoning for Oni to follow her. "Just pick up anything you might think will help. I believe we're going to have to go mostly on trial and error for now." Iva skimmed the rows, pulling out a few books at a time. She'd look back to check on Oni every once in a while then go back to grabbing files.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:54 pm

Oni gave a nod from her planning and began to do the same as her. He pulled out a few, looked at the table of contents to see any that could fit the bill with what he's experiencing. Any that weren't of interest he pushed back into it's original spot. Within a few scans he had a good stack of books in one arm with his free hand skimming through the rest, making sure he hasn't skipped any. He overlooked to Iva, seeing how she was scanning her side, and back to the shelf.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:17 pm

Iva had found a huge stack of books that might be of help. She decided it was time to sit down and leaf through them all, seeing as she was resting her chin on the top book to keep balance. "I'm gonna head over to a tabl-" Before she knew it, Iva had tripped over a few books she must've set down meaning to grab it for later. The books in her arms went flying, then she herself landed on her wrist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Oni's eye beamed out from seeing her fall down. "Iva!" He sat down the books he had beside and jolted over to her. "H-hey, are you okay?" He asked , extended a hand down to her. "Not hurt or anything, are you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:47 pm

Iva took his hand and nodded assuring him that she was. "Yes, I'll be fine. Nothing to worry about only a little fall." She told him, although her wrist did her from her all her weight landing on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:51 pm

Oni's sigh. "Alright then..." He looks around, seeing the books now all scattered, but remembering which were the ones she was holding based on the cover and the names of them. He kneels downwards to help her pick them up in a stack in his hand and offers them back to her. "Here ya go, I believe these are what you were going look at these, if I remember correctly." He said, with a gentle smile on his face as he hands her the books.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:02 pm

Iva gathered up some the books she dropped as well and then took the books that Oni had also gathered. She noticed he had forgotten one the was on his left. "Oh, looks like you missed one." Iva said with a small smile and she leaned forward towards the book and picked it up. Carefully she rested the books on hip under her arm and then stood up. "As I was saying, I'll be over at that table." She pointed to some random table and carefully made her way over there two stacks of books resting on both sides of her hips.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:06 pm

Oni nodded, walking over to his stack, carrying them onto both of his arms so that he wouldn't be off balance as he walks over to where she was heading, thinking it would be a better option to sit by and study together. Upon sitting, he sat the books down to the table, away from her own stack. He takes the first book, humming ever so softly as he reads into the book, pondering the info that's being fed inside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:25 pm

Iva already had opened a book. She'd rapidly flip through pages, then skim looking for something that was somehow related to what she was looking for. As she flipped the page, she could barely hear the sounds of humming. A small smile appeared on her face. "Oni? Are you humming?" She asked, still reading from her book.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:38 pm

Oni, realized that she heard him humming, instantly getting a bit of a blush on his face. "A-aahh..Sorta..." You could tell that he was slightly embarrassed from her catching him humming. "I usually hum while studying...Remembering a song I've heard back in my timeline."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:44 pm

Iva laughed behind her hand to Oni's reaction. "Oh don't get so flustered, I enjoyed your humming." She beamed and then went back to flipping through the book, only to place it to the left of her finished with it. Iva grabbed another and opened it up skimming the table of contents. "May I inquire what song it is? I'm sure I won't know it, but I am curious."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:59 pm

"It's from the Romantic Era that was spreading around from our time." Oni replied. "I do not remember it's name..But the sound of the piano being played by the composer...Ahhh..Such a relaxing sort of music it is...I could get lost into it, humming every note along with it." Oni began to smile as he continue to read every part of the book in his mind, feeling much more at ease.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:35 pm

(The romantic era! learned about that in Euro a few weeks ago)

Iva looked up once more, watching Oni talk about the song. She smiled at him and continued her research. Iva tapped her fingers on the table unconciously and bit her lip as she read further into the medical journals of Hippocrates, finding nothing of use. "Any luck do far Oni?" She asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:44 pm

(Hehehe >< I looooove the songs in the era~)

Oni rubbed under his chin, sighs as he fails to come to a conclusion. "Unfortunately, no." He puts the book aside, and takes out another, flipping through the pages. "Just little things about treating wounds and some tips of side effects....Nothing of use so far.." He glances over to Iva. "And yourself?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:50 pm

"Same as well. I must be looking under the wrong titles or something." Iva stood up and stretched. "I'm going to check for a different topic, I'll be right back." She headed off towards the more modern part of the medical section, she paced up and down the isle looking for something remotely close to what they needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:54 pm

Oni glances towards her as she takes off, giving a nod as he goes back to reading the book. He sees a few topic that were of interests, so he quickly flipped through to the context, skimming over and coming up with a few ideas in his mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Iva had pulled three books off of the shelf. She plopped down onto the ground, flipping through the books. Her eyes widened as she thought she found something, only to get that hope crushed. Iva tossed the book which made a loud thud noise, she rubbed her temples. Heaving herself off of the floor she turned around another isle and looked. Iva grabbed the first scroll which popped out to her, she unrolled it and skimmed it; quickly she grabbed the others in the same roll and ran back towards Oni.

"I think I may have found somethin!" Iva exclaimed and dropped them onto the table. She quickly sat down and unrolled a few scrolls at a time to read them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:00 pm

Oni's hope shot up to the roof, wondering what Iva found. He leaned up upon the table, looking over the scrolls she got. "What? What is it?" He asked, questioning what she could have found.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:27 pm

Iva tucked her hair behind her ears so it wouldn't get into the way of her reading, with her finger she sited out where she found what might be one step towards the answer. "This is the medical journal of someone in the Mayan civilization talking of strange occurrences in the healers as they tried to treat their patients." She said speaking a mile a minute, then she quickly opened another one. "Then this one speaks of something similar taking place in Europe with the ancient civilizations. Oh and this one talks of similar events in Babylon." Iva went on and on babbling like crazy from hope that she might get to help Oni.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:32 pm

Oni blinked a few times, just barely taking in the information Iva was spilling out. "A-aahhh Iva Iva Iva, let's take this one step at a time." He put a hand onto her back, trying to let her know that she was slightly rambling a bit too much. "Alright, alright, we have some connections here with what I've been through from others, now...Let's take a look into it and see what they all have in common, and see if they were able to do anything, alright?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:43 pm

Iva totally in her own little world of knowledge, jumped when Oni placed a hand on her back. "I'm sorry...I was a little too excited that I might have just found something that might just help you." She bit her lip sheepishly, embarrassed she had gotten carried away. "Okay, that sounds good. Here are some Europe related ones and I'll take the Mesoamerican scrolls. We'll throughly read and see what happens from there." Iva split up the scrolls pushing a group towards Oni. "If all else fails I can always take a small leave from the Athenaeum and try to find some of these people."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:49 pm

Oni gave a nod, taking the group of scrolls that was scooted over to him. "Alright, I like that idea. We should keep note with anything that they go through, what they did to help their problems, and keep in mind with what we can do here." Oni began to open one of the scrolls, reading to himself, before glancing over to Iva. "...By the way....Thanks for all the help you're giving me. I really appreciate it." He smiled to her, giving a very light blush on his face before going back to the scroll.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:56 pm

Iva smile, happy that she could help. "You're welcome, Oni. It's no problem at all I'm glad to be useful enough to help." She sat back down and looked to the scrolls in front of her, unrolling it. Iva read very carefully through the first scroll, mentally noting anything that fit exactly what they were looking for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:02 am

Oni doing the same, using his finger to carefully read the text word by word and keeping in check with what could fit his predicament. He murmurs a few words that didn't seem to make sense till he was able to verbally hear it and get it through his head. within moments, her proceeded to the next scroll, now having his mind fully expanded with the new knowledge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum