The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Statues and Stories

3 posters

Go down

Statues and Stories Empty Statues and Stories

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:18 pm

Adonia was trying very hard to focus on the book she was supposed to be studying, but to no avail. The book's words simply swam about before her eyes, mocking her attempts to draw anything from its pages. Finally losing her patience, she tossed the book aside in frustration, glaring moodily out over the glass-like surface of the lake.

Normally, she would have sought out the company of a friend, her "brother," or of Jack; but with the difficulties between herself, her brother, and Jack, she had opted to spend her time alone -- soemthing she had been avoiding for a while now. Thinking about all the problems of the last few weeks simply strengthened her stubborn will to pretend that nothing was wrong, so she reached into her bag once more, determined to get something done. However, the book her hand closed around was not a textbook, but a copy of Wuthering Heights, a novel she had found in the library.

She looked at the book in surprise. She had not put it there this morning... at least she didn't think she had... After staring at it a moment, she dumped her bag on the grass next to her again and began flipping through the novel. Skimming through the pages, she smiled half-heartedly.

She had always loved stories. as a child she had often sneaked onto the mainland, and, when she could, had listened to the stories the humans told each other. She smiled remembering how she had retold the stories to herself on quiet, lonely evenings like this.

In those days she had been alone as well. She absentmindedly took some water from her skirt to form a small figure in her hand. The figure scampered across her hand happily for a time before running up her arm to plop down on her shoulder. He was a cheeky little fellow, with a very distinguished swagger and he sat on her shoulder with the air of someone who felt he owned the world. She giggled and patted his head fondly before plucking him from her shoulder, and placing him on a flat rock close by. With a flick of her wrist, two more figures appeared -- a girl, and another boy-- to join the first. She flopped onto her stomach watching as they played out the various stories she had memorized over the years for her; escaping her gloom, if only for a moment.

((eeeeemooo Addi is emo XP Anyone wanna try cheering her up?))
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Race: Siren
Sponsor: Hera
Health Bar:
Statues and Stories Left_bar_bleue380/400Statues and Stories Empty_bar_bleue  (380/400)

Back to top Go down

Statues and Stories Empty Re: Statues and Stories

Post by Eos Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:36 pm

Eos had taken to pacing... again. He just couldn't sit still. It was either move, or fall asleep and wake up to his heart about to beat out of his chest and a sticky layer of cold sweat. And he really wasn't in the mood.

But he also had another reason to be lurking around the lake. Adonia. She had been very blue over her pirate and he wanted to make sure she was okay, but he also didn't want her to know he was worrying over her. Addi was like that.

He watched as she threw her book down in frustration, and then pulled out another to skim through, and finally watched as she made tiny puppet like things out of water. She watched them like a well put on play, probably controlling their every movement, but still it was slightly amazing to him. Water magic, magic in general, always had ways of surprising him.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Race: Demi-God
Sponsor: Zeus
Health Bar:
Statues and Stories Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Statues and Stories Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:49 pm

Addi giggled and smiled half-heartedly, clapping for the little characters as they bowed, seeming very proud of their performance. Not waiting a moment longer, the three figures began to play out another story for her. She had recently read various fairy tales and was playing them out on by one.

She added and dismissed more little water figures as needed to fill out her cast, but the three main figures always remained. She looked at them sadly.

The three always seemed to be in conflict. There was always at least one of them on the wrong side in every story.

"Its a shame you three don't get along." she muttered as they continued their performances, smiling sadly.

((Hmm methinks Addi's subconscious is getting in the way of her plays XD))
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:
Statues and Stories Left_bar_bleue380/400Statues and Stories Empty_bar_bleue  (380/400)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:54 pm

Eos tilted his head to the side as Addi's water puppets went from performance to performance. He even thought he recognized some of the stories they were acting. After a while of watching he started to see a pattern, and sighed sadly to himself.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:
Statues and Stories Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Statues and Stories Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:05 pm

Addi sighed in frustration as she continued to watch, but smiled so as not to offend her little performers as they took their final bow, and applauded them as all but one dissolved into mist. It was Damien, her original figure.

Summoning some extra water from her skirt to make him roughly 2 feet tall, she was about to say something to him, when he began glaring over her shoulder.

"Damien?... Wha-" Even as she turned to look and see what had startled him, the little figure ran past her jumping at a figure watching them from the shadows.

((have fun Eos XD))
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:12 pm

What the... oh crap. Eos walked briskly (he wouldn't run away from a weird puppet water thing) out of the shadows, around a tree (to try and confuse/get away from the creepy water puppet Addi had affectionately called 'Damien') and behind Adonia. A sharp huff escaping him.

"Addi," he said sharply. Hoping she'd get the hint and tell her little creature to stop.

((=3= gyaaa you threw me off guard with the darn puppet D: ))
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:17 am

Addi was quite surprised to see a rather uncomfortable-looking Eos walk rather stiffly and quickly to stand behind her. Had she been a less gloomy mood, she would have laughed to see him so flustered. As it was, she simply turned to the little figure saying, "Its all right, Damien... He's a friend."

As she turned to face Eos, the little puppet came up behind her, peeking around her legs at the tall man with distrust.

"Don't mind him.." she said Looking up at Eos. "He can be a bi-" She cocked her head with a slight frown. "Wait... what exactly are you doing all the way out here skulking around in the bushes?"

((pffffff oh come now XD Surely you didn't think I would pass up an opportunity to do more than just have them make little plays for her did you? -isbrickedforcrueltytoJo- XXD.... sorry I wasn't online today T^T It got busy veeeeery quickly. I should be on tomorrow evening though ;w;))
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:55 pm

Eos watched the watery thing from a safe distance, Adonia between them. That was the creepiest thing he had ever seen, they were kind of cute when they were small, but like this... That was saying a lot coming from him.

"Addi, that's the creepiest thing I've ever seen," he said. That fact that the water puppets had a bit of their own personality not occering to him.

He rubbed the back of his head and laughed awkwardly. "Oh, you know how I pace..." he told her half-truthfully. "And stuff," he added quietly.

((I don't know maybe? AEKGUDFJ PUPPETS!!! D:
That's okay XD I don't have to bother you EVERY day, although I have become used to it at this point XD))
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:15 pm

Damien's response to Eos' assertion that he was creepy was to stick his tongue out at him and kick a small stone at the mentor's shin before ducking behind Addi's skirt again.

"Damien, behave yourself" Addi said with a stern look, gently ruffling his hair and sending him to sit a little ways away so she could talk with Eos. "He means no hamr... he's just always been a bit protective of me." she said smiling at the little figure affectionately.

She sighed as she turned to look at Eos again. "Eos... I can tell when you're telling me half-truths.... what's you real reason for being here?"
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:30 pm

Eos glared at the little water elemental as it went to sit, ignoring the small sting in his shin.

He smiled sheepishly at his adopted sister. "I was... just worried about you," he admitted.

((Short and... blaaah sorry XD ))
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:48 pm

"So you're spying on me, then?" she said crossing her arms looking a bit defiant for a moment before giving a sigh, her face falling a bit. I was worried that might be it... Sorry.... I don't mean to-" she trailed off uncertainly.

((pfffff thas ok XD))
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:54 pm

"No, not spying... just uhm... 'watching'," he said, not making it sound any better. He just wanted to make sure she was okay. Adonia had been very sad lately... and as an older 'brother' he worried about her.

"I was just worried," he added. Still not making things sound better. "Sorry..."
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:31 pm

Addi smiled sadly. "No.. I'm sorry. I've gotten you all mixed up this Jack business and now I'm making you worry about that on top of everything else that you worry and obsess over..." she sighed. "Not to mention you and Jack tearing each other to shreds... And... I'm just sorry.."
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:35 pm

"Addi... none of that's your fault," he told her. He hoped that she'd believe him. "I'm just paranoid, don't worry about my worrying," he said with another awkward laugh. "You'd worry too much." He was slightly confused by his own words.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:50 pm

Addi laughed lightly, turning to sit on a nearby stump. "It is a little... but I'll try not to worry... for you" She said quietly watching Damien chase a few dragonflies around the clearing.

"He's really changed since I last saw him." she mused as she watched the little figure scramble about, stumbling over roots and rocks along the way.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:07 pm

Eos stood a few feet away, every so often glancing at the watery puppet Adonia so affectionately referred to as 'Damien'. He shifted his weight from foot to foot, uncomfortable. He didn't know what to say to Addi to make her feel better, he had been trying for a couple months now. But ever since Jack had... she was... almost depressed.

"W-what exactly is he?" he asked curious.

((Gosh darn it Kai... =3= *insert lazy face here, skips off to write stuff*))
Kai
Kai

Character Sheet
Race: Charites
Sponsor: Hestia
Health Bar:
Statues and Stories Left_bar_bleue159/200Statues and Stories Empty_bar_bleue  (159/200)

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:15 am

Addi looked up at Eos with a smile. "Truth is... I'm not entirely sure." she said turning to watch Damien again as he grabbed a stick and began to play at sword fighting, tumbling about in the grass and climbing nearby trees. "He's a part of me.... I think. I know he's always more or less the same when I make him... The first time I made him, he was about the size of my hand and I could barely make him move; but over the years he's developed his own personality and I don't even control him anymore.. or at least I don't think I do..."

She gave Eos a sheepish, apologetic look. "He was the closest thing to a friend I ever had back home. He never could speak, but he would play out stories for me and with me." she cocked her head watching the little boyish figure again. "His personality seems to depend on his size to some extent as well.... he's more mature when I make him more adult size.... but I tend to like him best like this..." she said with a sad sort of smile.

((pfff don't worry about it XD It happens XD 8D Writiiiiiing I can has reading privileges when you be done? 833333))
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum