The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the blind musician

2 posters

Go down

the blind musician Empty the blind musician

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:47 pm

Hi all! I finally managed to come here (so happy Very Happy)
Aww, I heard that you all look awesome. If only I can see your faces... Sad

Well, I'm sure you all don't know me, so I'll introduce myself and then I'll play you some music and we'll sing and dance some Smile

Oh, you can call me 'Sylphie' if you want ;D

---

Name: Sylphaea (her friends call her 'Sylphie')
Species: Human
Sponsor: Aphrodite

Personality:
Sylphaea is a kind and caring Charis, even though she's blind. She can sometimes behave like a mother to those around her. The thing that she treasures the most is friendship.

Being a Charis, she loved all forms of art, but mainly music (she's very talented in it). She mainly plays a 10-tubed Panflute, but she had also used her free time in the Athenaeum to learn to play other instruments (hydraulis, kithara, bouzouki, baglama, double aulos). Sylphie also loves to sing.

Sylphie easily gets nervous around people she don't really know. She also gets nervous during battles, something which she's trying to overcome.

History:
Sylphaea is a blind Charis orphan, so no one ever wanted to play with her because she can't see, and therefore can't play most games.

She doesn't have any friends until Cleta Ramosaria, another young Charis, found her. She asked whether Sylphie wanted to try and play musical instruments because it doesn't require eyesight. Sylphie was glad that there's finally someone who wanted to be friends with her, so she agreed.

Cleta had a band of 6 Charites (it became 7 when Sylphie joined). One sings, the twins play the bouzouki and baglama, two Charis who can't stop fighting play the kithara and double aulos, Cleta plays the hydraulis (using her water magic to operate the water movements in the instrument), and Sylphie chooses the Panflute. The band plays together everyday and they dream of setting up an orchestra.

One day, there was an attack by the creatures of the forest. All her friends got killed. Cleta managed to save Sylphie, but got fatally wounded in the process. She told Sylphie to run and never give up her dreams.

With the deaths of her friends, Sylphie was alone again. She cried and cried, grieving over her friends deaths. Whenever she managed to stop crying, she played sad music on her Panflute. Soon she'll start crying again, wondering if she should just kill herself and join her friends.

Aphrodite took pity on her and visited her one night. She asked what Sylphie's friends truly wanted. Sylphie wanted to avenge her friends at first, but she changed her mind and decided that she wants to follow Cleta's words--she wants to live for them and make their dreams come true.

Aphrodite smiled at her resolution and offered Sylphie to be her warrior in the Athenaeum. Sylphie agreed and took this chance. She then aimed to win the Tournament so that she can attain immortality.

Sylphie would like to play music for the Gods in Haven for all eternity. She also kept music pieces written by her friends and she soon began learning to play their instruments. This way, she can keep her friends and the memories of them alive forever, reaching their dreams together.

Preferred Weapon: Shooting Stars (her throwing knives. There's 'Type I' and 'Type II'. Type I is thrown like a shuriken (if you know Japanese weapons :/), Type II can be used like knuckles. Sylphie is not very good at fighting, but she tries her best for her friends and dreams.

Ability:
Sylphie is a Wind Charis, so she can summon small gusts of wind (Charites are not so strong even at magic). After improving her skills in the Athenaeum for 4 years, she can make one strong enough to knock someone off balance.

Sylphie took care of her blindness by sensing a person's 'presence'. But she feels the wind currents as well (they'll bend if there's an object in the way). This help her know the positions of things.

Classes:
- Fighting: Hand-to-Hand
- Fighting: Swords and Daggers
- Magic: Wind
- Healing
- Mythology and History
- Rituals and Templeworks

Roommate: <???>

Back to top Go down

the blind musician Empty Re: the blind musician

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:26 pm

Added you to the 4th years, and welcome! c:
Oh, did Dutchie already make the art rooms? *goes to check*
No she did not. Either I'll make them later after I finish typing up this idea for a post I had, or Dutchie will do it while I'm busy with that lol. C:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:04 pm

Welcome fellow fourth year!

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:53 am

Welcome! Glad to meet you!
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Race: Siren
Sponsor: Hera
Health Bar:
the blind musician Left_bar_bleue380/400the blind musician Empty_bar_bleue  (380/400)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mnemosyne Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:50 am

Seriously, what would I do without my Morph personal assistant, to do the job when I work (or am sleeping) xD

Welcome, I'm sure you'll think we're awesome, we all think we're awesome! RAINBOW BUMMIE
Mnemosyne
Mnemosyne
Admin

Character Sheet
Race: Dryad
Sponsor: Apollo
Health Bar:
the blind musician Left_bar_bleue5000/5000the blind musician Empty_bar_bleue  (5000/5000)

https://athenaeum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:30 am

You would still do stuff, you would just not get it done as fast/you may forget some stuff :B
(Not implying you're slow, more of how quick things get done with two people)

We ARE all awesome, though it has been scientifically proven though the usage of an awesome field that no one is as awesome as Morph.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:46 am

Thanks for the warm welcome dears~ ^^

Yeah, I know you're all awesome >D

I'll be looking forward to the extracurricular ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:53 am

welcome, lady angel *bows*

OOC: Cedric and his mind that everything that has wings is an angel xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:07 pm

Thank you, Sir Oswald. It's a great pleasure to meet you Surprised

But winged as I am, an 'angel' would be too honored a title for a simple Charis like me. *bows*

---

OH MY! Shocked

I can feel it! The beautiful tune weaved by the heart, the song of a soul drifting in the wind... Can you not hear the call of the harp?
I shall go to the music room at once!

...You should all check the extracurricular rooms out, too ;D!

*leaves*

---

OoC: Thank you so much for creating the arts room and the music room XDDD! Sylphie is happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:11 pm

((That was Mnem's doing, I take no credit for that because I was asleep at the time lol. Mnem is probably the closest to being as awesome as me :B
It was probably a needed section, Warriors got to get out emotions in ways other than fighting lol.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:16 pm

I'm taking credit for that :dummy:
No dummy here =/

Morphie, could you move Adelphie into first years? I don't feel like logging in and out again >.>

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:16 pm

Alrighty, will do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:21 pm

Oh noes! The pink! It burns!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:31 pm

*comes back*

lol Hey, the music room was actually my idea xD!

-click here for the proof-

I'm crazy with music, so I got the idea and carved it into my creator's mind with my dagger (Yeah, I'm that evil DDD<)

haha, of course, it's creation is only possible because we've got awesome people like Mnem and Morphy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:33 pm

Again, not taking credit because I was asleep LOL. Though I do take credit for being awesome. Because I am.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:58 pm

Well, I can at least take credit for the creation of the forums D<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:19 pm

You can take credit for a lot of stuff that I can't D8

I'm just saying I didn't help any with the art/music rooms. >3>

Back to top Go down

Post by Mnemosyne Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:21 pm

It was directed at Sylphylphie, sheesh Morph.
Mnemosyne
Mnemosyne
Admin

Character Sheet
Race: Dryad
Sponsor: Apollo
Health Bar:
the blind musician Left_bar_bleue5000/5000the blind musician Empty_bar_bleue  (5000/5000)

https://athenaeum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:23 pm

Oh :B

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:55 pm

Her and Calla are Charis friends~<3 BESTEST FRIENDS FOR LIFE~<3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:24 pm