The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empty Rooms

Go down

Empty Rooms Empty Empty Rooms

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:19 am

Jane poked her head into the art room, glancing around for a second. Nobody was around, so she might as well go check it out...

Hesitantly she stepped inside, glancing around again to make sure that nobody was there. They'd all had to take some form of art back home, and she'd been no good at music, so the result was several years in art classes. Though Jane didn't feel like an artistic person, she could do basic painting and sketching. It always took her ages to do anything though...

Still...would anyone mind if she started something? Maybe something abstract, or perhaps a sketch of someone...she'd have to look around to find materials, but there was nobody here...

Back to top Go down

Empty Rooms Empty Re: Empty Rooms

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 11:08 pm

After days of inactivity in his room, Eien finally decided that he should go out and train around the Athenaeum. This is the final year, so he should stop fooling around and start taking things seriously.

Even so, he couldn't help wanting to go back and check the Arts room. It's one of the best places for him. Sighing a little, he peeked into the room.

Surprisingly, he found another student there. She seemed to look around for something. So he asked.

"Hey there, can I help you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 11:21 pm

She jumped, turning around. "Oh. Hi. Um." Jane glanced around, feeling slightly embarrassed. "I was just looking around a bit, to see what kind of art stuff we have here. I...I took art in school, got kind of used to it."

Jane shrugged, smiling a little embarrassedly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 11:34 pm

"Ah that's good!" Eien smiled, "Want to make something? The materials are just right here."

The Lampad walked to the far corner of the room. He took out the paint buckets and brushes. As he reached out for the big rolls of paper, memories of the first time he found this place last year flooded back. His face saddened a little.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 11:53 pm

"Sure," she said with a shrug. "I mean...I guess that's why I came in here, right?" Jane went to help him with the paper, looking at it curiously. It reminded her of when she was young, in kindergarten, fingerpainting on huge rolls of butcher paper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2011 12:06 am

"Haha, good point!" Eien said with a grin as she helped him, "Oh, thanks."

"Anything you want to make in particular?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2011 12:31 am

"Well...I'm not exactly the most artistic person," she admitted. "I mean, I mostly did abstract stuff and drew people in proportion, because it was something I could be taught. But the paper...it reminds me of when I used to fingerpaint. So I guess I'd like to see what I can do with my hands."

Jane smiled a little, eyeing the paints and paper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2011 11:10 am

"Hey, that could be interesting! Let's do abstract, then!"
Listening to Jane's words, he put the brushes aside as they're not going to be using them.

"I'm not the best artist, but I really like to doodle. Maybe I can teach you some things...," Eien said, opening the paint buckets. He felt his mood lighten up when he saw the bright colours.

"Hmm... Would you like to paint together or do it separately?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2011 11:33 pm

Taking one big long roll of paper and rolling it out across the floor so it spanned the length of the room, Jane smiled and put her hands on her hips. "Why don't we just work our way down?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 5:13 am

Eien stared down the long roll of paper, his face lighting up.

"Sounds like fun!"

With that, he rushed to the paint buckets. He stopped abruptly before putting his fingers in. After thinking for awhile, he decided to shove both his hands into two buckets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 10:35 pm

Jane dipped a finger in each one, careful to not let the colors mix. Then she went to the end of the paper and pressed all ten fingers to the paper. Smiling at the multicolored prints left behind, she started going in longer strokes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 9:10 am

Eien smiled when he saw Jane's delicate finger painting.
"That's interesting," he said, looking at the multitude of colours and wondering what she's going to make.

"Alright, I'll start here, then..."

He moved next to Jane and made some hand-shaped prints, careful not to cover what she already made with her fingers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 11:11 pm

"I'm good at abstract. As long as the picture flows, you can do pretty much whatever you want, but you don't need much actual composition." Jane continued with the swirls, careful not to let the lines cross. She dipped her fingers back into the paints and started adding fingerprints to accent the painting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum