The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galene, the Gorgon

2 posters

Go down

Galene, the Gorgon Empty Galene, the Gorgon

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:35 pm

Name: Galene Nike
Specie: Gorgon
Sponsors: Poseidon and Amphitrite

History: Galene was just a regular gorgon, living among them with nothing special but the beautiful sea she had near home. Everyday, she went to visit the sea, the one that didn't turn into stone when she looked at it. She loved the fishes within, the breeze and the smell. But she could never see the nereids, even though she despite them for being ladies and gentleman in the sea.

One day, a male nereid came to her and talked. She, with a rather cold voice, answered him with a simple hello. The nereid talked to her for what looked like hours, while Galene, blindfolded, kept silent, loving his voice. Everyday since, she and him meet up by the sea where Galene listened to his voice, quite delighted. Since he told her about his own life and how he was sick about the nymphs, Galene decided to tell him about her child abuses by her father. The other nereids, jealous about the man's heart being taken by a gorgon decided to prepare an evil pan. They decided to tell the male nymph about Galene's eyes and how beautiful and hypnotizing they were. The nereid was aware of the danger of being turned into stone but he was now dying to see them, thinking that the love between them could break that nasty curse.

One day, he decided to ask her to show her eyes, which she refused. In love, she kissed her and took out her blindfold, making Galene look at him straight into his eyes. She tried to close him but it was too late. He was love-stoned (LOL). Galene screamed in pain and cried, looking at the stoned nereid. The water nymphs laughed far away, because their plan had worked. They wanted to make both suffer, making this a success.

A year had passed and Galene still visited her stoned lover, talking to him, no blindfolds this time. Amphitrite, touched by the gorgon's sadness and suffering, talked to Poseidon and both decided that Galene should go to the Athenaeum. Both talked to her, promising that she could have a great life if she won the tornament, a life where she could look to people without turning to stone. Galene agreed and decided to do her best.

Personality:
A cold woman with no exception, for both genres. She talks in a very distant way and keeps wearing a blindfold, even though she could wear glasses. Even when she wears them (to read, for example), she doesn't look to people in the eyes, afraid of stoning them. She can't stand physical touch because of her father's abuses.

Abilities: Being a gorgon, her snake hair has a terrible powerful poison, that can paralize and then kill her enemies. She's gifted with fire magic and her physical strenght is notorious.

Note: She has three ugly scars on her back.

Appearance:
Bright yellow snakey eyes with dark-greenish hair. Slim and rather tall, about 175 cm. http://dark-icy.deviantart.com/art/AwO-Galene-Nike-ink-182061118?q=sort%3Atime+gallery%3Adark-icy&qo=0

Preferred Weapon: Whip http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_IDQKk7xQ6m4/RfbbmxAYCbI/AAAAAAAAAQg/ytrISk4X_tg/s400/whip.jpg

Classes: Whips
Hand-to-hand
Battle Strategy
Ritual and Temple Works

Magic: Fire

Last edited by Galene Nike on Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:58 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added classes and lineart submitted)

Back to top Go down

Galene, the Gorgon Empty Re: Galene, the Gorgon

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:35 pm

WOOT, more non nymph types lol. Adding you to the 3rd years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:38 pm

Also, love the story :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:11 am

Awesome story! Nice to meet you!
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Race: Siren
Sponsor: Hera
Health Bar:
Galene, the Gorgon Left_bar_bleue380/400Galene, the Gorgon Empty_bar_bleue  (380/400)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:43 am

Hi there! Welcome to the Athenaeum Very Happy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mnemosyne Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:05 am

I love the background story (Hey, I'm one for tragedy and irony, so HIGHFIVE) and the love-stoned had me snort xD
quite seriously now (I'm logged in as Mnem, and Mnem's srs business) I can;t wait to see your picture so we have a face behind the girl, but feel free to go around the forum and roleplay, since you have the entire profile done =3 Another girl with a good reason to win!
Mnemosyne
Mnemosyne
Admin

Character Sheet
Race: Dryad
Sponsor: Apollo
Health Bar:
Galene, the Gorgon Left_bar_bleue5000/5000Galene, the Gorgon Empty_bar_bleue  (5000/5000)

https://athenaeum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:27 am

Thanks people : D
I just added the classes now... I forgot XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Picture added :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:32 pm

I dun see it?
Now I do :B

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:20 am

What's wrong with nymph types >.>

Tahi: Nice to meet you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:13 am

Nothing is wrong with them, we just have an overabundance is all. We need more creatures like Gorgons and Centaurs and Satyrs and whatnot. xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:19 pm

And gorgons are pretty :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down