The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hiding the Marks

3 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Hiding the Marks - Page 3 Empty Re: Hiding the Marks

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:21 pm

"Miss? Like what?" she siren asked cocking her head an looking at the older girl with great curiosity.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Race: Siren
Sponsor: Hera
Health Bar:
Hiding the Marks - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue380/400Hiding the Marks - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (380/400)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:26 pm

"Um...for one thing, showers." She grinned in a slightly embarrassed way. "I mean, the bath house is nice and everything, I don't have anything against it, but when you've bathed standing up all your life...you just kind of get used to it. And some of the books from that time, too. One of the things I miss the most though is, and I know this sounds stupid, but my guns. I am...was...a sort of police officer, dangerous job, but I had these old guns from the late 20th, early 21st century, and people said they were unreliable but they always worked for me..." Jane realized she was rambling and stopped promptly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:31 pm

"I haven't quite gotten used to the baths either" Adonia admitted with a blush. "I'm not used to bathing with other people...What kind of books do you like?"

"Guns?" she asked curiously. "What are those?"
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:
Hiding the Marks - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue380/400Hiding the Marks - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (380/400)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:52 pm

"Nasty, nasty things." Tahi said conversationally, before Jane could reply. She had had only a few encounters with the things – and one was too many. The bullet had only gone through her arm, and though she probably could have healed herself, with all the mortals around she had to do things the mortal way – and ended up dragged through a human hospital in a place called New York. Not that the trip had been a total failure – she had met a very cute doctor in her stay at the hospital – but she had to leave him eventually when she returned from the athenaeum.

Tahi winked at the two startled girls, who apparently hadn't noticed her sneaking up. “Now, ladies” she continued, “I couldn’t help but over hear what you two were talking about.” Now that was actually a bit of a lie. She could have helped overhearing – but overhearing was what she did best. She’d stop breathing before she stopped eavesdropping – especially when someone mentioned her name.

“It just so happens I have this annoying penchant for replacing people’s clothing with something a little more fashionable when I think they’re in need of a wardrobe change. You can ask Severa” Tahi giggled at the thought of the time she had replaced her ornery roommate’s plain and practical battle clothing with fancy dresses, “or my brother.” Tahi paused, remembering she couldn’t do that anymore. Phrixos. She had two brothers now. “My elder brother,” she clarified. “Soo – if you happen to find that when you return to your room, a few things may have been replaced, and you’re forced to change your wardrobe, I don’t think anyone would question whose fault it is.” Tahi finished with a conspiratorial smile. Tahi bit her lip, remembering her place as a mentor though… Maybe it was time to do a little mentoring…

“Though,” she added in a bit of a more serious tone. “I’ve found that manipulation and lies will only get so far with those you love. Even if you’re trying to protect them.” She thought of Phrixos and Myrina, and how her brother had hid their existence in order to protect her. It had caused the first real rift between them since she was 7, and he had taken her away from her home. “At least that’s been my experience.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:59 pm

Addi fidgeted uncomfortably. "I'm really not sure he cares for me anymore" she sighed. "It probably makes no difference at this point... But thank you for that Tahi." she said with a sad smile. "I would like to be able to avoid people's question about them, so I'd be happy to wear whatever you have inserted into my wardrobe."
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:01 pm

Damn trees! Jane hated being snuck up on, it made her feel vulnerable and that disturbed her, but she soon relaxed a little. "My guns have saved my life on multiple occasions," she grumbled, but didn't protest much further. They were quite nasty, when used incorrectly, and it made you respect them. Like her scythe, in a way. If you didn't use it right, the handle swung around and smacked you in the shins, and then you were too proud to tell anyone so you walked around for days with bruises and your legs hurting like hell without saying a word...

But apart from that, Jane didn't really have much else to say on the matter of deceptions and the ones you love. That was the kind of thing you talked about from experience, and she sure didn't have much of that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:17 pm

Tahi raised her eyebrows at Adonia's expression. But didn't press any further. Sometimes a girl had to work out her own romantic issues. Her fingers fiddled with the pendant she wore around her neck. She still hadn't figured out who had given it to her, and the mystery was driving her insane. But she'd figure it out herself, darn it! "Consider it done. And all my fault." she added, making sure the girl could blame her. It was always easier that way...

Turning to the other girl, Tahi nodded. "I suppose guns are like any weapon. They have their uses - good and bad. Yet it seems too many use them badly, and in making them easier to use - we have also made them easier to misuse." Tahi sighed. "But the mind is the most powerful weapon of all - and can do far more than any sword, arrow, or gun." She looked at the girl, curiously. "I don't believe we've been introduced formally." She courtesied with a flourish.

"I am Tahirah, though my friends call me Tahi. Mentor to Hestia, as well as the Athenaeum's prime gossip and fashonista." she announced with a smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:11 pm

She nodded her head slightly, in the curteous greeting of her own time. "Jane. Jane Aire. Yes, like Charlotte Bronte's heroine, I've heard it all."

Jane returned the smile with a small one of her own. "There's just something satisfying about pulling a trigger and seeing a glass bottle shatter, you know?" Despite their small disagreement, she had to like Tahi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:33 pm

Tahi shifted uncomfortably. She preferred to fight her battles with information and misdirection if at all possible. She'd never really liked shooting things, even with the bows and arrows of her own time. But she knew better than to say that. "I suppose if it was a really ugly bottle... Otherwise think of what a pretty flower vase it could have made!" Tahi said with a ditzy grin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:41 pm

"Yes, they generally are quite warped and ugly," she consented, not really wishing to take this any further. "...though I'd never thought of making a flower vase out of one before."

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:45 pm

Adonia giggled as she listened to the two talk. "I must agree with Tahi about the vase idea" she said with a grin.

"I used to collect all sorts of strange little item from old shipwrecks around my island. I did find a few pretty bottles, but most of them were generally shattered or rather ugly" she said wrinkling her nose. "I did make some little ornaments out of some of the pretty pieces though."
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:50 pm

"Oh, sea glass is beautiful," she breathed. "I remember when I was a little girl and we went to the ocean, I didn't like it because of all the crowds, and it wasn't like people had said it was, but I found a piece of sea glass." Jane smiled nostalgically. "I still have it. It's on my bedside table."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:53 pm

Tahi laughed. "See, there's beauty all around us - even where we would least expect it" She twirled around, letting the breeze catch her long teal dress. Turning back to the girls she asked. "Now ladies, has there been anything interesting going on lately," she asked, her trademark mischievous grin on her face. "I've been busy recently and I need to catch up on the news~"

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:56 pm

"Interesting?" Addi asked, thinking about it a moment. "Well... I'm not entirely sure... I haven't been seeing that many people lately." she said.

"I am helping Iva in the infirmary now though" she said with a grin. "Its fascinating how many people are regular 'customers' there."
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:58 pm

[ Hmm...would you say this was before or after the slumber party? ]

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:02 pm

(er... probably after. but before the stuff Me and Jo were RPing today)
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:08 pm

[ Okay. ]

Jane shrugged. "Only that crazy slumber party. Other than that life's pretty much been normal." Well, as normal as it could be for Jane at the Athenaeum.

[ sorry for the post of fail ><; ]

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:11 pm

Adonia's feace fell ever so slightly at the mention of the slumber party. "Yes... that was rather... erm... interesting party wasn't it?" she said nervously. "It started out quite nicely though..." she said, thinking about how the evening had escalated.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:13 pm

"I never understood the point of those things, and that only confused me more," she said. "It did turn out very interesting though."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:16 pm

"Healing's a great talent to have." Tahi commented absentmindely, thinking about Eos. The poor guy got himself into a lot of scrapes... She probably should brush up on her healing as... no. What was she thinking? It wasn't like she and Eos were a couple or anything....

She was jolted back to reality at the talk of a slumber party. "An interesting slumber party? Do tell? Interesting in what way?" Tahi asked curiously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:19 pm

"Well...we were just getting started on a game of truth or dare when this crazy looking guy came in...I think my textbooks called a guy like that a beserker..." Jane shrugged. "So we all had to leave."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:23 pm

"Oh, my!" Tahi exclaimed. Viking berserkers were nothing to be messed with. She and her brother had traveled that way a couple of times before, but it had never been much fun. They didn't even have good shopping up there. Nor did they have dragons, despite what she had heard in another place and time ((How to tame your dragon reference ftw!)). "Was everyone okay?!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:29 pm

"Yeah. It looked like he and Eri were about to start fighting, though. Personally I felt like smacking them both because I was stupid enough to choose Arabic over German in school and I had no idea what they were saying." Jane folded her arms, trying to keep a small smile at her own shallowness off her face. She normally wasn't a shallow person, but it was always nice to know what was going on, and it irritated her when she didn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Achlys Adonia Argyris Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:37 pm

Adonia nodded as Jane spoke. "His name is Bjorn." she said with a grimace. "He's definitely not a pleasant man."

Adonia sighed. "Eri is definitely.... a handful" she responded diplomatically. "German? Is that what that strange language was they were using was?" she cocked her head. "Such a harsh-sounding language" she commented absently.
Achlys Adonia Argyris
Achlys Adonia Argyris

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm

"Well, at least some of the time it was," she said with a frown. "I could recognize it as German, but that was it. The man...Bjorn? He used something else too, something similar sounding, but I don't know what it was."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum