The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dream Weapon

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dream Weapon - Page 2 Empty Re: Dream Weapon

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:04 pm

Jane glanced down. "Well, it's not really a shirt, but it's worn for exercising. And when it gets too hot but you don't want to go change into something lighter." She shrugged.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:01 pm

Eri laughed. "Lucky" she teased. "In my time we get to suffer through the heat. It doesn't help much if you're wearing a corset at the same time either."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:04 pm

Jane shuddered, closing her eyes. "I can imagine. I can't believe you guys have to wear those things, even for movies people get away with avoiding them in my time. I don't think I'd be able to stand them."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:58 am

Eri shrugged. "They're not so bad really if you're used to them. I just wish I didn't have to wear them all the time." she grinned. "I rather like them when I'm trying to look dressed up."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:16 am

Jane thought about this. Sure, people did wear corset-looking things, but she could just tell that they weren't the same. Still, they did look nice. "Yeah, I can see that," she said with a nod. "Though I still probably couldn't stand them, even then. Then again, I don't dress up much."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:44 am

Eri ceased her endless banging and beating of the hunk of metal for a moment to look at Jane curiously. "You don't dress up? Why not?" she asked, completely surprised.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:52 am

"It all just seems rather pointless, to tell you the truth. I mean," Jane shrugged. "I just don't enjoy it like some people seem to. Then again, with fashion from my time, I guess it's not as weird as it sounds. But still...what's the point on putting on all these fancy clothes if all you're going to do is worry about messing them up?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:19 am

Eri giggled. "That's your mistake" she said matter-of-factly, pounding on the metal again. "You wear them to enjoy wearing soemthing that makes you look your very best. the secret is to not be concerned about ruining them." she said with a wink. "And to find something that truly makes you feel pretty."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:31 pm

Jane lifted one eyebrow. "I didn't know that there was a proper way to dress up, but whatever you say." She felt like she was taking lessons on how to be a girl or something, which was just odd. And yet...according to some of her friends back home, it was probably something that she needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:24 pm

"Well of course there is" Eri giggled. 'Just as there's a proper way and an improper way of cooking, dancing, or doing anything else."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:05 pm

"Yeah, but dressing up? It just seems like something there would be less rules about. I guess everything does." She gave the metal in front of her another whack or two, thinking about dressing up. Maybe she should try it again sometime.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:58 pm

Eri shrugged as she continued to bash the metal in front of her. "Well... Maybe things are different in your time... In my time there are allll sorts of rules about how you dress." She laughed and paused her relentless pounding of the metal to gesture to her current clothing. "If anyone back home saw me out in public like this... They'd probably have a heart attack."

((sorry sorry... I completely forgot about this thread =3=))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:16 am

"That's a good point," she said with a nod. "I mean, I guess there are a lot of rules in my time as well, but they're more like...rules that people only follow to keep their reputations solid, even if whatever they're avoiding wouldn't do anything to it. People mostly live in their heads and in their own little digital worlds that they build around themselves there."

Jane chuckled. "Actually, most people wouldn't like how I dress either. Too modest, hardly any skin showing."

[ No problem, I've been busy and slow on replies as well. ]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:57 am

Eri laughed aloud at Jane's observasion of herself. "Funny... I have the exact opposite problem." she looked down at her petticoat and undershirt. "You wouldn't believe how worked up people get over you swimming like this, " she grinned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:58 pm

"How time changes..." she said with a wry smile. "And how could you swim in something like that? I know some people swim with clothes on occasionally, but I never understand how it was even possible. Your legs would get way too tangled up and you'd be all weighed down by all the heavy fabric..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:11 am

Eri giggled. "Well... usual;ly, I would wear this... but then I couldn't go into the deeper water.... soooo sometimes I actually just swam in the stuff I wear underneath this petticoat" she said sheepishly dumping another finished piece on the table next to her. "I got in trouble for both... but it was worse if someone caught me without the petticoat." she said with a snicker. "I'm surprised Mum didn't disown me."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:13 pm

"As if disowning you would have any effect, right?" she said with a grin. "Somehow it doesn't seem like something that would bother you much."

[ sorry about the post of failure ;~; ]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:38 pm

Eri cuckled. "Of course not. The only member of my family I really like is Oni," she said smacking the new piece of metal she had taken from the pile with a bit more force than necessary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:52 pm

"It's good that you both got to come to the Athenaeum, then," she said, inspecting the metal and setting it aside before selecting another one. "It would be sort of depressing if it was any different, yes?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:55 am

Eri smiled not entirely brightly, but still mostly her usual smile. "yeah" she said continuing to hammer away at the metal before her. "I'd rather eb here than home... no questions about that.... but not if Oni weren't here."

((sorry for long time getting back.. did a livestream while doing AOW chibi doodles XD))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:24 am

[ Ah no problem, I'm borrowing villainous catchphrases and developing a random little story that includes lots of pain and evil stuff...>>; ]

"It's a good thing they wanted you both then," Jane said, somewhat cheerfully. "I guess even those idiots that call themselves gods have some feelings, yes?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:34 am

Eri smiled "Exactly... well... some of them do." she said ceasing her pounding a moment to wipe her brow. "Our sponsor is rather sweet really... but many of the others are quite.... nasty.. from what I hear and what I've read."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:36 am

Jane shrugged, looking down at her hands instead of at Eri. "I just don't like people who pull other people out of their lives and homes to come here, placing them among strangers and expecting them to get by. But I've been told that I have a tendency to hold grudges anyway, so..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:47 am

Eri grinned. "Well we have that in common. I'm the queen of grudges... from my time anyway" she added grinning wickedly. "If someone was nasty to me... I made them pay for it... for a looong time."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:53 am

Jane chuckled. "At least there's someone out there who understands me somewhat. Though honestly...I'm not surprised."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum