The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Good Enough

Go down

Not Good Enough Empty Not Good Enough

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 11:52 pm

The blonde stood there, panting. Scratches marked up and down her arms and her body was covered with a bit of dirt. Her chest was heaving as her hands shook from practicing so intensely. She covered the upper half of her face, biting her lip harshly to keep herself together.

"It's still not good enough...," she whispered to herself.

Her grip tightened on her bow, her knuckles almost turning white. She fell onto her knees, staring down at the ground. "It's...just not good enough yet..." She forced herself up, stretching her sore wings before launching herself up into the air. She winced at the small stabbing pain in her back where her joints connected her wings to her body, groaning in protest as her body begged for rest. She didn't listen, however. She raised her bow and grabbed some arrows, setting them up to launch three, taking aim and swirling the winds around her before shooting all three.

After hearing three 'chnk's, she landed, her knees almost buckling. She looked up, her eyes quickly scanning what the results were. One hit the direct center, one was about three centimeters off, and another was toward the edge of the target. She dropped onto her hands and knees and slammed her fist onto the ground.

"DAMMIT!"

She looked up again, wanting to keep going, but she was far too sore to keep going. She wasn't even sure if she'd make it back to her room. She had been practicing ever since lunch, which was nine hours prior to the current moment.

"What do I do now...?" she asked aloud, yet quietly. She didn't think anyone was around, so it didn't matter if she said it out loud or not.

Back to top Go down

Not Good Enough Empty Re: Not Good Enough

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2011 12:30 pm

Sylphie wandered aimlessly into the Tournament Ring. She knew that she really wasn't that good in fighting, desperately needing practice. She could hear someone practicing nearby, the winds blowing in a controlled direction. She hoped she could be that hardworking...

However, she soon heard the person falling to the floor, and gasped when she realized its the voice of her dearest friend.

"Calla!"

Sylphie rushed there to help the Charis, using what she learned from her Healing class to transfer some of her energy.

"Are you alright?" she questioned quickly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 12:02 am

Calla jumped and looked at her Charis friend in surprise. She quickly looked away as Sylphie healed her. "I-I'm fine...," she answered quietly. She was truly troubled about the Tournament coming up in her next year. She hated that she'd have to fight her friends, and se saw that as cruel.

"What are you going to do?" she asked, her voice barely audible. It was obvious what she was talking about. "I mean...I've been practicing for the past month until I can barely stand, and I still can't get it right...promise me that you won't get too hurt...?"

She then sighed angrily, fisting her bangs and burying her face in her hands, hating that she was asking that of Sylphie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 9:36 am

Sylphie was quiet for a moment, unable to answer. Calla worked hard--she must even be better than her by now. She knows that both of them hated to fight by nature, but her friend had faced it and trained, while she herself had chosen not to do anything about it until now.

"...Calla, there are some things that you can't change... In that case, we can't do anything but to face it. You're a strong warrior, Calla. You've worked really hard, so I'm sure that your effort will be repaid. You still have a year ahead of you. Think of how much you can improve," she said, hoping to comfort her friend.

"And thanks for thinking about me. I know that I haven't been practicing much, but knowing how much you've been through, I think I should do better just for you. I'll...," Sylphie's voice became more determined.

"I'll do my best!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 12:12 am

Calla teared up slightly before hugging Sylphaea. "Thank you...," she whispered. "I don't want to lose any of my friends that are so precious to me...and I wish that you and I could always stay friends, forever and ever...I don't want to lose you, so please win...you're the sister I wish I could have had..."

Calla never felt so open and vulnerable. She looked up into her friend's blind eyes and closed her eyes before taking Sylphaea's hands in her own and squeezing them. "I believe in you, my closest friend..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down