The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enchanted Lake

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Enchanted Lake Empty Enchanted Lake

Post by Guest Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:26 pm

Ash had awoken early once again, it had become almost a habit as of late, waking before the sun. Again she made her way to the place she had come to love, mainly because it was a reminder of home, the lake. The waters were calm and cool, when the summer came and many of the students had gone, she had stayed with her sister upon the school grounds and the lake had become hers. She enjoyed spending houses just laying in the water drifting along and looking up to the sky.

As she got there, she went ahead and did just that. She removed her boots and hat and left them by the shore as she made her way into the water till it was knee deep. The ripples to her were always fun to watch before diving straight in. The water was cool and felt so good, as just as always, she let her body be limp as it floated along the water like a corpse as she looked up to the brightening sky above.

Back to top Go down

Enchanted Lake Empty Re: Enchanted Lake

Post by Guest Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:49 pm

'It was a nice day. Why not?'

Oni, after stepping out of the school, breathing in the fresh air. Being inside all day wouldn't be good for his health, so a walk was in order. Who knows, maybe he can go herb scouting while he's out. Where to now, though...He hasn't explored everywhere in the school....or what's outside, not knowing whether if it was dangerous to step foot somewhere.

He quickly scans over the road, selecting where to go in his head. After moments of examining, he sees where he would go and walks off towards the direction.

Within minutes, he reaches towards a lake. Hmm...Water. Now that's a good sign. It was a place where many people would love to come to, freshen their minds, or perhaps go fishing with a friend or family. He walked alongside the water level, till he caught an outline of someone in the corner of his eyes. He looks over, seeing a female with blue hair laying on the surface of the water. He wasn't sure whether if she was alive, or if it was some sort of puppet.

He didn't know how to respond to her...or it. He kept watch, to see if it had any life in the body.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Ash continued to float along the lake's surface before getting the feeling she was being watched. She kept skill, her eyes scanning what they could she before perking to a figure not to far from the side of the water. A new face? A new friend? She perked before suddenly moving to disappear under the water.

Like a bullet she swam her way quickly over, it was her thing to always say hello and that's just what she did as she appeared in the water before him in a blink "HI" She beamed nearly yelling it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:52 pm

Right when the body disappear from sight, his head jerked back slightly. Oni wasn't sure whether if some sort of creature dragged her under, or that the body did in fact have a life of it's own.

But right when she appeared to him, he suddenly jumped, letting out a startling scream* "Yagh!" Oni's shockwave of his jump landed his behind onto the ground, staring at the girl. Upon looking at her face, she seem very energetic. Just like his sister.

After getting his mind to focus on speaking, he takes a gulp and introduced himself. "Uh..H-hi there. I'm...Oni." He said timidly, as usual. "I'm guessing...you're with the Athenaeum as well, correct...? " He gave her an awkwardly smile, trying to be brave and friendly at the same time to her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Ash's yes followed as he near jumped out of his skin and landed flat on his bum. She giggled looking to him before moving walk out of the water and over to him holding out her hand.

"Hi...I'm Ashlyne but you can call me Ash." She beamed taking his hand in hers. "I'm in my second year of Athenaeum. My big sister is one of the mentors here" She giggled pulling him up to his feet. "You didn't get hurt did you?" She moved around him to dust off his back side. "There we go" She smiled

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:27 pm

Upon his hand meeting to her's, he gave a quick blush as he was pulled up onto his feet. After having his backside brushed, he mumbled a bit to himself before fully speaking out coherently. "No no no, I'm fine, I'm fine." He gave a slight chuckle.

"Ah, a second year, I see. Heh...This is my first year here, so..." He trailed off, he wasn't exactly sure what to say or ask of her, since he is a newcomer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:02 am

Ash smiled as he said he was okay, making her giggle before stnading before him "You wanna go swimming with me?" She asked already pulling him closer to the water where he boots and sat sat by the edge.

"The morning water feels real real good" She smiled letting him go once near the water, quickly running in till it was knee deep. "Come on" She beamed before perking "Are you scared I'm gonna see your snake? I'll cover my eyes"

((lol please forgive her simple mind XP))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:10 am

((Heh heh >< You kidding? I tree her!))

"A-ah, wait, going into the- Augh!" Oni studdered as he was being pulled towards the water, mind going blank as she was pushing him to go into the lake. After letting him go, he takes a look at the water, looking down towards his reflection. Sure, it was morning, but hey, maybe a good swim could wake him up.

"Heh...Alright alright, you win, I'll join." He said, grinning. He began taking off his boots, coat, and his shirt off, not really minding if she was paying attention at all. He folded them and sat them onto the ground, away from the water, boots on top so no wind pressure could fling them elsewhere. He looks back at Ashlyne. "Alright, here I come."

With that, he takes a step into the water, walking slowly towards her as the water rises up to him. He didn't really mind the cold, or rather, he felt refresh by it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:40 am

Ash perked and cheered as he began to undress and then make his way into the water. A simple act but this made her very happy to be sharing her favorite place with a new friend. "Yay! Doesn't it feel good?" She near squealed.

The moment he was in the water however, she ran and suddenly Pounced him making sure they both went crashing into the water. She clung to him a moment before smiling and letting go to let him get back up again. "Now that was faster than slowly getting wet right?" She laughed "You look funny with your hair in your face"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:46 am

He looked down at the water as he traveled up to her, smiling* "Yeah, it feels g-" Right when he picked his head up to look at her, she suddenly pounced him, which made him crash into the water. "Aguh!" He yelped out as he was splashed with the water.

After hearing the remark of his hair, he quickly flipped his hair to move them out of his face, gives a slightly annoyed face. "Pfft....Well I can tell you're a playful character." He said, giving a chuckle, enjoying his time with another new person at the Athenaeum. Most of his worry with the school seems to have calm down now, thanks to the new people he's met.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:56 am

Ash perked and laughed looking to him before perking with a bit of worry. "Is...being a playful character a bad thing?" She frowned moving closer to him.

"I'm sorry I wont do that again. Please dont be mad at me. Dont hate me and not be my friend" She was close to brink of tears. "Please say as my friend....I dont have many"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:02 am

Oni looked rather puzzled from her sudden mood change. First, she was happy, cheerful, and full of energy, now she was....Sad....He couldn't pinpoint what was going on, but one way to solve whatever is going on is to respond.

"No no, being playful isn't a bad thing at all...In fact...Most people who have the most fun are playful. Always outgoing, doing whatever they feel like doing, making friends....Living a life. It's fine, really." His head tiled from her plead to staying her friend. "Um...Is...there something wrong? I don't see what you did was wrong, or have any reasons for me to be upset." He gets over to her and wraps one arm around her shoulders. "And hey, as far as I can tell, we can be friends. Good friends." He gives her a smile, showing his teeth that made it all the more sincere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:24 am

Ash perked looking to Oni as he said everything was ok, that make her smile slowly come back "It's really okay? I can hug you and play still with you?" She had to asked as her mind was child like. Being babied for years by your hip sisters did that.

As he wrapped his arm around her her smile returned "Friends...Really?" She looked deep into his eyes to see the truth and of course it was there. That made her squeal again, forgetting for a moment she was a siren and had to watch that as she jumped to hug him again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:29 am

"Heh, well sure, everyone could use a hug." He said, chuckling at the question. He was getting the feeling that she was more like Eri then he realized. Though of course being a good thing, since she's outgoing, and pushes herself to the limit to get what she really wants.

Oni could help but be happy that he was able to make her happy, so he gave the hug in return. "Sure, friends it is." He said. Friends....Now that was something he needs...What he needs more of instead of being locked in his room all day, reading and shutting himself out of the world around him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:35 am

Ash snuggled her new friend for a while before letting go an moving to run father into the lake before turning back is way "Com on Oni...Lets go swimming" She beamed before using her water abilities and set a mini wave of water his way just to get him wet again.

"Do you like the school so far?" She asked with a large grin. "Did you come alone? Or are you with friends? I came by myself to find my big sister here. Queen of the Sirens" She babbled on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:47 am

After getting splashed with the water, his hair covered his face again* "PFft...H-hey, wait for me!" Oni brushed his hair aside and quickly jumped into the water, neck submerge down under, and began swamming with her.

While swimming he began answering her questions. "Well the school is...Well...Different from anything I've been in...And I came with my sister actually. Eri is her name...You might like her. She has the same amount of energy as you have, heh heh....Course I'm a bit of a timid person with meeting people, where my sister insist with meeting everyone in the school. Though I'll have to admire that of her, she'll make alot of friends that way."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:03 am

"Ooooh I wanna meet her. Will You introduce me?" She smiled swimming up to him. "I will introduce you to Calix, hes a cantaur and a fifth year. And My sister Ama and oooh Adratos her fiance hes a centaur too a fourth year and Oooh Rai firth and Lyra fourth and Zephie fifth and Ooooh The twins year fourth" She beamed floating on her back around him.

"You'd like them. They are all my sister's friends but very nice" She beamed before perking "Will your sister be my friend too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:08 am

"Ah heh heh...Um...I'll...Take my time with meeting them all, thank you." Oni replied, with a nervous chuckle while keeping up with her speed. "And I'm sure my sister would tree to meet you. She could always use more friends."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:16 am

She giggled before moving to swim up to him, getting face to face with him. "You will be liked...I promise. Dont be so afraid" She giggled before perking to the light turning to look as the world began to light up.

"Oooh my favorite time." she smiled swimming over to a large bolder to lean on. "Come on Oni...You will miss it" She waved him over with a hand as the sun began to rise, peeking from behind the forest trees. "

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:20 am

Oni head jerked slightly, though clueless from her face being up so close. After hearing her words, he did feel that she was giving him comfort...Which was nice to hear from someone. Gave Oni a bit of hope for the others would feel the same way.

"A-ah, right, coming!" He swam up to the large bolder she was at, looking out to where the sun was coming.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:27 am

As the sun began to come up from behind the trees, Ash began to hum to herself, singing was forbidden when a male was around. "So Mr Oni...What are you?" She smiled looking to him. "Are you a human? Or something else?' She asked always curious to know about everyone.

"Do you special skills and magic too? How about a weapon?" She continued to ask.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:35 am

"Me...?" He turned to her, thinking of the answers in his mind, "Well...I'm a dryad. And earth skills are my specialty. But the way I use earth is not in an offensive way..." He looks up to where the sun was rising, giving it a slight glaze in his eyes. "I use it as a defense. Calling up roots to create a barrier from oncoming danger and also using my knowledge to use it for curing anyone. Sick, hurt, or even....possibly saving a nearly dead life force." He began to slightly drift off, remembering the time back when his sister got into a bad fight...Her wound was nearly fatal...And...

He shook the image out of his head, and looks back at Ash.
"I use whips and daggers....But I hardly use them at all. Now..What about you Ash? you were a Siren, correct?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:48 am

Ash eyed looked his face over as he spoke about the roots and how he would use them before perking more and more. "You're like Jericho. You might have the same class as him. He is one of the twins. He once has to grow a flower for his class and came out to give it to Zephie cause he really likes her and it was HUGE" She laughed spreading her arms as she spoke of the huge flower.

When he asked what she did she smiled "I am a siren...Sis says I'm not allowed to sing if I'm around boys. Ooh hey you said whip and daggers...My sister teaches that class. We will be class mates" She beamed her eyes lighting up like the sun.

"My whip I'm still learning to use but I'm getting better at it" She nodded "My sister is a good teacher"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:18 pm

"Right, I'll keep that in mind." Oni replied, nodding.

"Siren...Right, I've heard about them not being able to sing around males...Oh, you use a whip too, huh? Well hey, sure, we could be class mates." He laughed, possibly feeling better about the school now that he has someone that he can talk to about his weapon. "Well I'm not really skilled on using the weapons....like I said, I'm more of a defensive tactic then offense. But hey, we'll learn together, right?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:00 pm

Once again her eyes lit up as bright as the sun, her body flinging it self to pounce and hug him once again. "YAY! We get to be classmates and learn together." She snuggled, hugging him tightly before letting go and rushing to the shore.

"Look look...My sister showed me to do this." She moved to her things moving to grab a long piece of ribbon from out of her hat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next