The Athenaeum of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lesson Tiiiiiiiime

3 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Lesson Tiiiiiiiime  - Page 3 Empty Re: Lesson Tiiiiiiiime

Post by Eos Wed May 18, 2011 8:26 pm

"Riiiiight," Eos said sarcastically, but didn't press the matter. "And have you been working on control?"
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Race: Demi-God
Sponsor: Zeus
Health Bar:
Lesson Tiiiiiiiime  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Lesson Tiiiiiiiime  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Eri wrinkled her nose* "I've been trying to.... Its still tough for me to get myself to calm down enough though," she muttered, feeling stupid for not having progressed more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Wed May 18, 2011 9:01 pm

Okay that made sense, Eos thought to himself and sat back down.

"Alright... I think we'll start going about this differently," he said matter-of-factly and pulled out that cactus again.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:
Lesson Tiiiiiiiime  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Lesson Tiiiiiiiime  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 9:06 pm

Eri raised an eyebrow, but plunked down next to him eying the cactus warily. "Ok... how?" she said bluntly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Wed May 18, 2011 9:12 pm

Eos smiles and held out the cactus.

"Put your hand over this, don't touch it, and try to take it's energy. If you can do that then maybe you'll get better at feeling your power, thus making it easier to turn off," he tried to explain how making your power stronger could help you make it weaker if you wanted to too.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 9:19 pm

Eri raised an eyebrow, then pulled off her glove and, feeling rather foolish, stretched it out over the plant. She sat there for a good while, eyes shut tight in concentration, willing herself to be able to feel the energy flowing through the small plant.

"I... can almost feel it... sort of... but I can't seem to reach it"she said, her fingers itching to move toward the plant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Wed May 18, 2011 9:25 pm

"You'll get it," he told her trying his best to sound encouraging. He held the plant still, not wanting her to get pricked.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 9:30 pm

Eri concentrated as hard as her easily distracted mind was capable of... and finally felt the tiniest trickle of energy coming from the plant. To her frustration, it vanished a moment later.

"Awwwww no! Come on!" she said grouchily opening her eyes to glare at the plant. "I had it!... and then it stopped"

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Wed May 18, 2011 9:44 pm

Eos grinned. "That's great!" he exclaimed. "Er.. I mean... it's better than nothing."
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 9:50 pm

Eri smiled halfheartedly at the compliment. "But I lost it after less than a second." she moaned looking at the cactus with more venom than it deserved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Wed May 18, 2011 10:21 pm

Eos sighed. "Eri... the cactus didn't DO anything. You just need some practice," he told her with a smile and continued holding out the cactus for her to practice on.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2011 7:30 am

Eri sighed in a resigned sort of way, stretching her hand over the cactus once more. "Yes, I know its my own fault" she muttered mutinously, focusing on the plant's energy once more, attempting to draw it to her outstretched fingers.

"So did you ever have to do stuff like this?" she asked as she continued to mess with her power, trying various ways of pulling at the energy just out of her reach.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Thu May 19, 2011 5:14 pm

Eos rolled his eyes. She always assumed the worst. It wasn't her fault either she just needed practice. He didn't see a point in telling her that though, she had a habit of ignoring when he spoke, or only listening to half of what he said.

He squired uncomfortably as she asked him a perfectly good question. "Uh..."
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2011 11:34 pm

Eri opened her eyes just a sliver to peer at Eos. "Weeeell?" she prompted with a smug grin as she continued in her attempts to coax the life out of the cactus and into her outstretched hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Fri May 20, 2011 5:35 pm

"I don't want to talk about it," he said sounding rather glum. He didn't even like to think about that... his power only worked on humans, not plants, or animals, just humans.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 21, 2011 6:11 pm

Eri raised an eyebrow, closing her eyes again to focus on the plant once more, a slightly sympathetic version of her usual smirk flitting across her face.

"I thought you were the one always saying you should talk to someone about things that make you glum... or does that just apply to people other than you?" she said frowning in concentration.

She was trying to form a picture of the energy flow in her mind, hoping it would help her to figure out a way to draw it from its source. It was helping a bit, but she still couldn't quite reach it

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Sat May 21, 2011 8:17 pm

This girl wasn't going to let him get away with anything, was she? He hoped Arcadia would have been like Eri, sharp and witty. His eyes narrowed and he debated on how to tell her... what kind of light did he want her to see him in?

"My power doesn't work on plants or animals, so I had to practice on people, small things at first, then working my way up, controlling whole bodies.... It works as torture too, ripping muscles apart. You can't imagine what it's like stopping someones heart from the inside," far too easy, at least for him.

He sighed and set the cactus down. If she did get it he didn't need her sucking up his energy as well. Though he'd let her try later if she succeeded in the first step of using her ability from a distance.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2011 4:25 am

Eri frowned a bit as he described his power, biting her lip for a moment as she concentrated on the plant's energy before finally saying. "I... can't say I've stopped a heart" she paused for a moment, deciding whether to speak her mind.

"But I've had mine more or less restarted, and... I know how it feels to pull the life out of another." she made a face, eyes still closed, as she thought about what she was trying to do.

Even as she spoke, she was finally beginning to feel a tiny but steady stream of energy from the plant. She wriggled her shoulders ever so slightly in protest. She hated the feeling of 'foreign' energy.

"I sometimes wonder if maybe... maybe I shouldn't learn more about this power. But," she opened her eyes just enough to peer intently at him. "If I don't.. I'm just risking accidentally hurting innocents... and myself..... right?" she asked, the tiniest hint of a pleading tone creeping into her voice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Sun May 22, 2011 12:59 pm

Eos sighed and stared at her.

"Yes.... what we're aiming for is control. Then you don't have to worry about accidentally hurting someone... and maybe you wont so hyper," he teased her.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2011 2:57 pm

Eri's eyes snapped shut at his assurance and she made a face at his teasing. "I'm not that lucky" she said allowing a faint grin to cross her face as she finally managed to maintain a steady tiny trickle of energy from the plant into her outstretched fingers.

"This is... weird..." she said, making a face and twitching her fingers a bit, not quite used to the strange feeling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Sun May 22, 2011 11:29 pm

"You got it?" Eos asked happily. he hadn't expected it to work that fast, but this was good. If she understood her power better it would be easier to control.

"All right now shut it off," he told her.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 3:52 pm

Eri's eyes popped open to stare at Eos, a rather bemused expression on her face. "Shut it off?" she repeated, looking back at her hand trying to figure out how to shut off her power.

It was much tougher to completely shut off the power than she would have thought. She struggled with it for a good ten minutes before she managed to even dampen the flow of power through her fingers.

She finally resorted to pulling her hand farther away from the plant to try and weaken her grip on its life, her eyes narrowed in concentration. "Its weird.. its almost as if, now that I know how, I can't shut it off..." she muttered sounding frustrated.

After a lot of violent cursing under her breath at the plant, her power, her own lack of ability and anything else she could think of to blame for her frustration, she finally had an idea.

She closed her eyes once more, and instead of trying to pull away from the energy all in one go as she had been attempting to do before, she began to feel in the flow for individual "threads" of energy to cut off one by one. It was a lengthy, dull process, and required all of her minimal capacity for concentration to accomplish, and so she sat there, eyes shut tightly, and sitting perfectly still, but for a slight muscle spasm in one cheek as she concentrated on the infuriating task at hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Mon May 23, 2011 10:53 pm

Eos watched as Eri struggled with the simple command. Well, not simple for a beginner like herself... but she was trying hard. Her cheek twitching in concentration.

"You're doing great Eri, just-" but it seemed she got it. Eos couldn't help but grin. "Alright now take a break, shoot fire, whatever you need to do, then you're going at his again."
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 11:10 pm

Eri finally severed the final thread and leaned back rather heavily on her hands, shaking her hand in an attempt to get rid of the weird tingling from the newly acquired energy. It wasn't enough to hurt her or cause her to twitch. It was just annoying.

"Thanks" she said with a half smile. "Pfffff oh great. More slow torture" she said with a wider grin, forming a small flame above one of her fingers and bouncing it from finger to finger to burn up the small excess of energy she had extracted from the small plant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eos Mon May 23, 2011 11:24 pm

Eos sighed, not knowing what Eri's power felt like.

"Does it really hurt that bad?" he asked sheepishly, feeling a bit guilty for pushing her.
Eos
Eos
Admin

Character Sheet
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next